Options

Attach or copy paste resume in email

TechytachTechytach Member Posts: 140
On the one hand, an attached copy looks more professional and is easier to print. On the other, attachments are a security risk and I don't open them even from my own family. Ironically if I was hired I would be the one telling them not to open attachments...

Comments

• Options
    doctorlexusdoctorlexus Member Posts: 217
    I just attach mine. It's easy enough for someone to scan attachments for viruses if they're so inclined. And if they prefer a text-pasted copy, I'm sure they'll ask.

Or if you get bored, change the resume file extension to .exe and see how they react.
  • Options
    goatamagoatama Member Posts: 181
    Most places have a requirement on what they accept. Recruiters want a Microsoft Word copy so they can edit it and put their company info at the top. Direct applications will usually specify. If nobody specifies, I like to use a PDF because it's not editable.
    WGU - MSISA - Done!!
    Next up: eCPPT, eWDP, eWPT, eMAPT
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Valid argument, I usually attach mine to avoid margin displacements which could happen in the body of the e-mail. Adding a hyperlink is questionable too. How about fax? icon_lol.gif
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Never heard of anyone copying a resume into an email. That just sounds like you would annoy HR by doing that and almost guarantee no one else sees your resume.
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I usually attach my resume. Im going to try to use a PDF now... but recruiters can get your resume off job sites to edit and put their logo on it though...
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    anhtran35anhtran35 Member Posts: 466
    Recruiters will print out the resume and hand it to the hiring manager to look at. Attach Resume in either WORD or PDF. Additionally, your resume format my be skewed if you copy and paste it into an email.