Options

Passed Security+ SY0-401 Today...Feedback

mayacosta78mayacosta78 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone! I passed my SY0-401 today icon_cheers.gif.

First of all, DO NOT under estimate this exam. It has gotten harder. I kicked myself for letting my SY0-201 expire, because the SY0-401 is definitely harder, either that, or Comptia has really stepped up their game.
REVIEW! REVIEW! REVIEW! icon_study.gif Learn the material! It is better to be over-prepared than go to take the test and be completely lost. I studied up until the test center rep had me place my personal belongings inside a locker.

This cert was required for my job. Fortunately, my employer paid for the study materials and exam voucher. I did not want to let them down. For a month, I was reading an outdated SY0-401 book (booo), and for the week before the exam, I used the following to cram:

Professor Messer: Study Sessions, and paid $10 for his notes, Youtube videos
Mike Meyer's SY0-401 Book
Darril Gibson's, gcga premium online questions and sims (all of his stuff were very helpful)
Wiley Comptia 6th Edition SY0-401

I am so thankful to God it is over and I can place this cert under my belt, and H-E- double hockey sticks NO am I going to let this one expire.

Good luck to everyone who will be taking this exam in the future.

Comments

• Options
    Ris3Ris3 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wow congratulation!! that is incredible I'm preparing now and i just started I'm giving myself between 2 and 3 months to prepare i hope it is enough.
  • Options
    Ris3, you will be ok. Don't get wrapped up on what type of questions will be on the actual test. As long as you learn the material, you will not be fooled.

Good luck!
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
  • Options
    Darkey15Darkey15 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man good luck on the next one!
  • Options
    Remington1872Remington1872 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Way to go, I passed this last week and do agree it is a tough exam. Took me 3 attempts to complete it.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    motheomotheo Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
  • Options
    CJANDMIACJANDMIA Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How were the simulator questions? Was there a lot of questions of Well Known Ports
  • Options
    alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sim is ok. CJ just need to be familiar with attacks phising vishing etc. got couple of those in the exam.