Passed - 804

stanbryan81stanbryan81 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
This site is great, I will be sticking around! I think I am going to start CCNA now.

I used:

Security+ for Dummies (loved it)

Boson Practice Questions (they were ok, lots of stuff out of the scope of Security+ though, at times I though I mistakenly purchased the Network+ questions)

This site. The technotes here are tremendous.

Many easy questions, a couple good tough ones, and a couple real 'wtf' type questions.

Don't get crazy with super technical details, just know the basics and you are good to go.

Comments

• NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Excellent Job!
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Congrats! You done a great job :)
    Knowledge is life
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job :)
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Grats!

"Don't get crazy with super technical details, just know the basics and you are good to go."

I think I was doing fine with that until I picked up the syngress book... The syngress book is my 3rd book and while I'm on chapter 4 right now I am already noticing that this book goes into far more detail than the Sybex and Passport book I had.

So far I am enjoying the Syngress book but it seems like a lot more to take in. I will have to keep in mind not to overload myself.
  • stanbryan81stanbryan81 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Haha, just don't come looking for me if you happen to get a test with super technically detailed questions! :D
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used:

Security+ for Dummies (loved it)

Hey, thanks for the info. I have been doing system administration for about 5-6 years and leaning towards security specialization for the past 2 or so. I have a good handle on security topics and issues and a lot of experience with implementing security measures. I have had some college level courses that focus on security, been through a 10 month MCSE course, the 9 month Cisco Academy, the 1-week Security+ class at a New Horizons, 2 Symantec training classes (over $2000 per class covering AV and firewalls) and no less than 3 DoD courses that are basically IT security boot camps. However, when I pick up any Security+ book and start reading about AAA, encryption, policies, etc., I immediately begin to get drowsy and lethargic. I mean these things literally put me to sleep! Even the CBT Nuggets Security+ videos bore me to death! I am going to try the Security+ for Dummies. Those books are a little more entertaining, and hopefully my past experience will suffice to fill in the gaps that the Dummies book may leave.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Awesome job on the pass! Did you notice many questions on TCP/UDP Ports? I'm fairly concerned about this topic.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • OlajuwonOlajuwon Inactive Imported Users Posts: 356
    Way-to-go :D
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"