Comptia's Certmaster questions worth it?

morkethmorketh Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have been doing Comptia's Certmaster questions and went through 2 domains of the exam objectives so far and I can't help but feel like I am completely wasting my time.
I do not feel like the questions will be anything close to what I will find on the actual exam.
Has anyone felt like these questions are worth it?
I purchased because it came with an exam voucher and a retake vouchers, I'm just doing their questions because I thought they would most closely relate to the exam questions since, you know, it is coming from Comptia?

Comments

• AzubiAzubi Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the Certmaster for both Security+ and Network+ and I passed them both - Security+ on the first try and Network+ on the second. While Certmaster wasn't the only resource I used, I do think it helped. Whether or not it's worth it or not probably depends on what other resources you have access to.
  • morkethmorketh Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    $119 is a hefty price for a practice test. I just went through the exam objectives last night and I feel quite comfortable with my knowledge so I will take it and if I fail I will get the measureup questions.
  • crplhoodcrplhood Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bought the voucher, retake, certmaster combo from comptiastore. I have 2 practice tests on the pearson engine, one mcgraw hill, the exam compass, and certmaster. I think I like certmaster's engine the best, as it syncs well between my phone, tablet, and pc browsers (most of the time), but the questions are rough in that they run a bit more vague the best answer can be stupidly close to every other answer. I've gotten many wrong thinking a question was from the wrong perspective. The pearson engine is good as well, with more pointed/concise questions than certmaster, but still with greater depth than examcompass. Also kinda pricey, but I learn well from it as well. You can find it in the pearson IT cert store. I've bounced between all 3 for the last six months while working on CCNA R&S, CWTS, and Sec+ concurrently, exposing myself to even more engines and question banks, but I still really like certmaster. I test next friday. Good luck to us both!
    CCNA R&S[X] CCENT[X] Sec+[X] A+[X] VMware Airwatch Associate[X] Steve's Blog Steve's Linkedin
  • morkethmorketh Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yea I feel the same way about certmaster and the vagueness of it as well as how the best answer can be a bit ridiculous. I am starting to like it now that I am about to be finished with all of the questions, I learned a few things I didn't know.
    I have done the Pearson as well and I liked them a lot more.

I believe I am going to schedule for next Wednesday if all goes well.

Good luck man!
  • StebowStebow Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Certmaster for Net+ and feel like it was helpful by the fact that it hammered the information home. That, along with examcompass and the Mike Meyers book got me through. I don't have access to Certmaster for Sec+, so I don't know how helpful it will be.