Options

Need advice on which degree for chosen career path

EnglimanEngliman Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello. I'm currently a technical analyst for an AEHR for a large health system in Missouri, before which I was a network technician. Only cert I have currently is an A+, though I'm about to take my Network+. The reason for this post is that I am about to apply at WGU, but am having trouble deciding on which degree to go for.

Here's my conundrum. The data analysis degree would most be the most applicable to
my CURRENT position, but I don't know that it would be the best one for where I want to get to. My ambition is to become an IT project manager since my current role has me doing it (only for my team and sometimes for others) and I have come to learn I love it and want it as my full time job. I am wondering if it would be better to get the security or networking degree so that I am educated in a broader sense of IT than oracle databases and SQL, I kind of think that the networking side of knowledge would be more beneficial to a project manager than databases.

However, I'm not convinced that I'm right, and was wondering if anyone here had some opinion or insight. I would be very appreciative of it!

Thanks!