Options

Passed, its a happy day!

HippodromeHippodrome Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
OK passed today with a 781. icon_cheers.gif This was a hard test for me. Studied for about 4 months. I have never taken a cert exam so didnt know what to expect. I did buy the 2 voucher set so I still have a voucher, not sure what I can do with that. What I used for studying:

Gibson book, Get Certifed Get Ahead website, Prof Messor videos, the Comptia Security + Exam Prep app from learnZapp, lots O practice tests online and the Certmaster that came with my voucher package.

As everyone says here, know the material. (mod edit) Man how evil is it that you have to answer a questionnaire before you get the test results!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

How much experience do you have using the technology covered in the exam? Might explain why it was difficult. Otherwise, learn to lab and gain additional hands on experience before you venture into your next certification. Merely reading a few texts is a start, but actual working knowledge is what the goal should be.
    Good luck.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    ^ sorry for saying something I should not have and thank you! Not in the Security field just IT in several capacities including networking, sys admin (Jr.), firewall admin for a small company and way too many years as a computer/network tech.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    alfred06alfred06 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, take some time off to celebrate. what next for you.

dont pay attention to plantwiz, you did good. There is no Lab for Sec+ everyone that passed pretty sure never did any lab for it.
  • Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    Thanks everyone and alfred06, that's whats great about a forum, everyone can voice there opinion and I welcome it! :) Not sure about whats next, I think some Linux! My company uses Nessus, going to look around for some videos.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    $bvb379$bvb379 Member Posts: 155
    alfred06 wrote: »
    congrats, take some time off to celebrate. What next for you.

Dont pay attention to plantwiz, you did good. There is no lab for sec+ everyone that passed pretty sure never did any lab for it.

lol. +1
  • Options
    Thanks guys/girls, soooo happy to get this done. When should I update my "certification:" to add it to all the other ones. Lol.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    mindcrankmindcrank Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on becoming 8570 compliant! :D
    Certifications: A+, Sec+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, VCP6-DCV, CISSP, C|EH, CPT, Project+, Linux+, GPEN, OSCP, GXPN, GCIH, CISSP-ISSEP, OSCE
    WGU, BS-IT, Security: Complete! November 2016
    Legend: Completed, In-Progress, Next
  • Options
    Would love to work for the government but sadly no clearance. icon_cry.gif