Passed 07-16-16 1st Attempt

cluluclulu Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I registered an account and main purpose of doing so and writing here is to give back, as this place has been giving me a lot in the past few months. I'd like to share about my journey and experience.

1. Background
- I have IT audit & compliance related work for the 7+ years. Got my CISA few years ago.

2. I started my search in this forum back in January, which gives me guidance / suggestions as what books to read, what videos to watch, etc. Here is the what I did:
  • Read Shawn Harris (only did 1/3 - gave up)
  • Read Sybex 7th edition book (took me almost 2 months - cover to cover)
  • Watched Cybrary videos
  • Practiced Sybex Practice exams
  • Read [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3rd edition Study Guide by Eric Conrad [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]([/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]read [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]twice - cover to cover[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]) [/FONT]
  • [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Subscribe (one month before exam) and did practice in CCCure
  • Attended Bootcamp (by the way I did NOT read or used the ISC2 official book we received in the bootcamp at all - personally I feel it is the worst among the all the others I read)
3. About Exam
Exam is pretty strait forward (at least on my version, there are not many tricky or technical questions). A lot of managerial and scenario questions which require you refer to your experience and background knowledge to rule out the incorrect answers.
I have to say that I might have over studied, all the books I read and practice questions I did may not really be necessary to pass the exam, but it's all worth for the knowledge I gained from this journey.
Tip of taking the exam -- I mentally think this is 10 small exams, each have 25 questions -- this helped pace myself well and not get scared or mentally lost by the number of 250 questions. I took one break after 100 questions, and finished the rest without break. Flagged about 20 questions, and before submitting, quickly reviewed them without change a single one.

Good luck to everyone!

Comments