Options

What is IMAC?

si20si20 Member Posts: 543 ■■■■■□□□□□
I've seen a lot of jobs asking for "IMAC" and they don't seem to mean Apple iMac icon_lol.gif Example:

Desktop Support Engineer - Windows - Mobile - Troubleshooting - London - Job: 65746024 - CWJobs.co.uk

If anyone could let me know what IMAC means in terms of desktop support jobs, i'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Seem to have found out after a bit more google-fu. IMAC stands for (installations, moves and changes)

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Some places also refer to MACD with the D being deletions. Like there aren't enough acronyms in our industry already!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    IMAC is usually one of the first responsibilities a desktop analyst is given on the entry level and is an important procedure for asset management.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah it's pretty much deskside / top support 101. Those days of getting down in fart infested cubes to install desktops are NOT missed. Always loved people with their stinky shoes down in the cube area. Thankfully I was a manager so I could go into my office for a few hours and do something else, but eventually my conscience would win out and I would be down there with the guys smelling crouch and fart oders installing wires etc.

Never try this hungover, you will barf.

Also make sure you get knee pads, you will destroy your knees if you go floor to bone. That's no good!
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    IMAC = Installs, Moves, Adds, Changes to computers.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah it's pretty much deskside / top support 101. Those days of getting down in fart infested cubes to install desktops are NOT missed. Always loved people with their stinky shoes down in the cube area. Thankfully I was a manager so I could go into my office for a few hours and do something else, but eventually my conscience would win out and I would be down there with the guys smelling crouch and fart oders installing wires etc.

Never try this hungover, you will barf.

It might be a tick up from help desk, but just barely. Modern day TV installer.

Hey, that's my job at home. I'm the default desktop (and deskbelow) tech. But instead of fart/shoe smells, I get cat smells. My wife keeps her home PC in the same room as the cat boxes. I don't know she can work in there.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    icon_lol.gif

I just lost it!