Options

Resume Help

MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Thanks for the advice guys. It's been cleaned up and looking much better now.

If a mod could delete this thread it would be better. :) Thanks again all!

Comments

• Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Your capitalization of random words and technologies is a mess...

VMWare vs VMware
    Anyconnect vs AnyConnect
    Write and Execute... ect, i stopped keeping track.

There is also a lack of depth to your job descriptions. What is the business problem you are solving by doing those actions?
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    it's financial so basically I'm making sure money keeps flowing from the other banks to our institution and the other direction as well as our customers.

That is my primary role. My secondary role is more in the lines of assisting the network/infrastructure team by monitoring those issues as well.

Imagine a different company that you know nothing about came to you asked you to do those same things for them, what questions would have for them?

What tools, technologies and techniques are you using to accomplish that goal? What is the scope/how big is the environment?

You put: Write and Execute SQL queries for debugging and analysis.

Again, there is a complete lack of depth and background here. How you supporting the business with those queries? What are they used for? Are they one liners or more complex? ect...

If you need more space get rid of the lower level jobs and skills section.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm never a fan of the skills section, especially when you can easily integrate them into the rest of your bullets. I would try to turn your bullets into "accomplishments", right now they read more like a job description than what you actually accomplished. You mentioned you managed backups, if you never had any data loss that would probably be worth including.

You have the "what" down, now you just to finish with the "how it impacted" the business like iBrokeIT mentioned. At the very least try to quantify what you did with numbers.