Options

Which Security+ book is best

JTNJTN Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I noticed that many people on here reference the Security+ guide by Darril Gibson

https://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Security-Certified-Ahead-SY0-401/dp/1939136024/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469561616&sr=8-1&keywords=security%2B

I currently have All in One Exam guide

https://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-Security-Guide-Fourth-SY0-401/dp/0071841245/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469561616&sr=8-2&keywords=security%2B

Has anyone used the All in One exam book and recommends it or should I buy the Darril Gibson book?

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Buy Gibson's Book..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What about Mike Meyer's?
    Gibson > Mike in this topic?
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    ladyfire3374ladyfire3374 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am using both. The All-in-One book is a 30,000 ft overview, which you will need, but Gibson's book gets you down in the weeds.

From what I have read on various forums, it is unlikely that you will pass the exam using just one source.
  • Options
    Moldygr33nb3anMoldygr33nb3an Member Posts: 241
    Gibson. I used the Certification Study Guide and failed the first time.

Bought Gibson's and his online material and passed.
    Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!
  • Options
    jperry3974jperry3974 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gibson book and his security+ app for android or iPhone (around 8 dollars I think) + the exam objectives is all you need. Trust me :) - Mike Meyers is a good backup if you want a second book or style of teaching
  • Options
    JTNJTN Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I purchased the book and the app. Both have been extremely useful in my study for the exam
  • Options
    giggig Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the same as said above, Gibson's book and app.
  • Options
    showboshowbo Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Never even heard of Gibson. Sybex guide, CBT nuggets, comptia cert manager is what I used.

To each there own, depends on the person. With that said though, I have read 6-7 pass threads, all used Gibson. I feel special because I didn't... Lol jk. Pass is a pass!