Options

CCT (Cisco Certified Technician)

PlayMaker88PlayMaker88 Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is this cert valuable or too entry level ?

Comments

• Options
    FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    too entry go for the ccent
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Depends on your experience, if you don't have any, I'd go with the N+ instead of the CCT then go for the CCENT.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I recommend just going straight to the CCENT. It is entry level exam, goes over the basics, and gets you right into how to configure routers/switches (very very basic, it doesn't expect you to have any prior knowledge of how to) and setting up simple networks. The Net+ isn't horrible, there is definitely overlap of info between them, but the ROI of the cert is horrible, it won't mean a thing when you get the CCENT and alot of it is memorizing facts that you can check in seconds.

(I have both of them icon_sad.gif)
  • Options
    fmitawapsfmitawaps Banned Posts: 261
    CCT is better than the A+, but if you are starting your cert training, it might be better to go straight for the CCENT and be one level higher.
  • Options
    whitergwhiterg Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Having all of them CCT (RS,DC,TP) and also four CCNAs i could say :

if you want a "pure" tech job (hardware,cabling,models features ,maintenance,installation with few cli,basic networking)
    then go for CCT , If you want to be an network admin [RS] go for CCENT (some CCT RS knowledge is include in it ) then CCNA

To summarize :installing equipment [CCT] or managing equipment [CCNA and beyond] ; you can see CCT like a Comptia A+ equivalent.
  • Options
    PlayMaker88PlayMaker88 Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□