Options

CBT Nugget vs. Pluralsight

JTNJTN Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am currently studying for my Security+ and planning to get my CCNA next. I've noticed that many of you suggest using pluralsight and CBT Nuggets. As they are both subscription services, which is the better one if I can only pick one.

Comments

• Options
    soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Search the forum as there are other posts related to this.

Basically it depends on the content you are looking for. CBT has the CCNA by Bryant I believe which many people rate highly.

For Sec+ you could use professor messer or Cybrary.

I haven't used either so can't comment on my personal experience of pluralsight vs cbt.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
  • Options
    CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The best thing to do is just sign up for a free trial for both and see which one works for you. However, if I HAD to pick one to study for the CCNA and other Cisco certs, I'd go with CBTNuggets because they have some great Cisco instructors (Keith Barker, Anthony S).
  • Options
    KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use both and I would say in my experience CBT Nuggets is better, especially for the Cisco classes. I liked the CBT better for Security+ as well. But for MCSA 2012, Pluralsight was better since it was built from scratch for the R2 release. You can always switch back and forward on a monthly basis depending on which cert you are working on. Since the CBT is a lot more, I would say it might be worth springing for if you were going to be really focused and knock the certs out fast. If you had limited studying time and it would take you months to prepare then it might be better to have the cheaper option. Also search on all the certs you want and make sure that they both have them all. Another option which is dirt cheap is career academy. I picked it up on a special I saw on linked in (that they run all the time) for $29 for a whole year. The presentation is definitely drier than the other two sites but I use it as an extra source when I need extra attention on a topic that I am just not getting with the other videos.
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator