Options

Passed GCFA today

quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
I started the FOR508 online class on 6/21/16. I watched two of the videos but got a little bored with them so I just used the books. I read each book 3 times and did the labs once or twice. I did not do the forensic challenge yet but I plan on doing it soon. I was able to get an extra practice test from someone on here so I had a total of three. I took the first practice test after 3 weeks and scored an 80. I took the second two weeks later and got a 79. I took the third on Saturday and scored 84. I used all three hours each time. I thought the exam was pretty tough. Things were phrased a little different than I was used to and there were a few questions that I never saw in the books. In the end I scored a 77. I would have liked to score a little higher but this is my 4th GIAC cert in 9 months and I'm getting a little delirious. I'm planning on taking a month or two off and then going after the GPEN.

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    4th GIAC in 9 months is quite the accomplishment, doesn't matter how high of a score, you passed all of them. My hats off to ya, Congrats!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Are you in the Master's degree program?
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, I'm actually finishing up my undergrad. I have just under a year left. I have to reach out to the MS program because I want to enroll once I finish my BS. They only allow 25% of the classes to be previously completed. I believe that is 4 classes. I need to find out what would happen if I had 4-6 certs and they were all passed within two years.