Options

Looking for Masters degree with both CyberSecurity/IA and Programming

armydude1012armydude1012 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All! I have lurked around here for a while but decided to make an account and post because I couldn't find too many direct answers using the search function. I have a bachelor's degree in a completely non-IT related area (business/multidisciplinary studies). I am an IT enthusiast however and I would consider myself to have a reasonable amount of skillport/self taught computer networking knowledge, but nothing formal outside of a few intro to computer/web commerce courses. I also work in a non-IT related field.

I would like to shift gears and take my hobby into formal education of IA/Cybersecurity, ideally learning programming as part of it (I know I should have started on it with my associates/bachelorsicon_rolleyes.gif, but what's done is done). I was wondering if anyone knew of a MS program that would be a good fit?

Looking on the threads the closest I found is DSU's MS in applied computer science with a focus on Cybersecurity http://catalog.dsu.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=17&poid=1205&returnto=940#as it contains one course close to programming (CSC 710 - Structure and Design Programming Language) but I don't think I would actually be learning a language itself in that course.

I don't mind taking a reasonable number of prerequisite classes beforehand since I'm in the military with college money available and price isn't my biggest concern, the only thing is for the army to pay for my degree, all the courses actually have to be listed as part of my degree completion plan the college issues.

So far I think the best route would be to try to get into the program above, and just learn an actual language in my spare time, but I wanted to see what advice anyone may have for me.Any advice or comments would be much appreciated!

Comments