Options

Network+ Training

CyberaCybera Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,
I was hopping you guys give me more information about what resources I should use to pass the Network+ exam?
Do you guys recommend training with third party education facilities?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Benj94Benj94 Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I picked up the Sybex Network+ study book and also the ExamCram.
    My strategy is to finish this Sybex book, read through all of the Index to make sure I have a good working knowledge of everything discussed in the books, then I will watch the Professor Messor videos, then I will read the Exam Cram book and complete a hell of a lot of practice tests whilst condensing my notes down. Oh, I was also given a CCNA 'Introduction to Cisco Networking Technologies' book today, so I will give that a read too before I book my test.

This may be overkill, but so far this exam seems very hard to me and I would rather be prepared. The majority of the people on this forum will advise you to watch Professor Messors videos and get a good text.

Server and Storage Analyst
    CompTIA A+
    MSCA: Server 2016 - 70-710 70-711 70-712
  • Options
    JTNJTN Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed the exam two weeks ago. I used the Mike Myers All in One book and watched all of Professor Messer's videos. Read through the book and do the practice exam offered in the disc. Also I recommend purchasing the course notes from Professor Messer website.
  • Options
    Network-AnalystNetwork-Analyst Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for that info. I just bought the course notes and am going to finish the all-in-one book myself.
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took the Net+ 4 years ago and the only resource I used was the Mike Meyers All-In-One book. I understand the exam has likely changed a bit since then so take that for what it's worth. I also had several years of experience by that point as well which I'm sure greatly contributed to it. I scored in the high 800s if I remember right. Good luck!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"