Options

part time IT jobs

dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
thinking about picking up a part-time IT job in the off hours. i haven't seen much advertised for off hours. is there much opportunity out there for this? thinking about 20-30 extra hours through the winter months to try to pay down some student loans

Comments

• Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Where are you located? Maybe you will find something, but it is a rare occurrence.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Unless you're in a high paying senior position, you're better of spending your free time studying and passing certs.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dave330i wrote: »
    Unless you're in a high paying senior position, you're better of spending your free time studying and passing certs.

I concur, don't work yourself to death, educate yourself so you don't have to work as hard.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    been looking around and studying for the CISSP. seems there isn't much in the Pittsburgh area for security related work. most want to hire contractors. i still plan to complete the CISSP soon but from the job searches i have done i'm not sure how much it will help. both interviews i have been to have said they were looking for more experience. and one of those ended up bringing back the guy that left originally and the other still has not filled the position because they said they can't find anyone with enough experience. i figured in the interim i could just pick up a part-time job to help pay down student loans and hopefully add to my experience. just a thought. but yeah, ideally i would rather get a few more certs and get the job i'm looking for. just seems like opportunities are limited here
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman