Options

Passed SYO-401

Kuvuli21Kuvuli21 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
After 3 months of studying and doing many practice exams. I am happy and proud to say I now have A+, network and security.

i am trying to decide if going with the windows 7 70-680- certification is worth it?
or do my CWNA certification first, then 70-680 and 70-686. How hard is 70-680? I need advice from anyone who has done the certification.
Currently studying: 70-680 Windows 7: Configuring

2017-2018 goals: 70-685, Server 2012, CWNP, SSCP and/or CCNA.

Comments

• Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Options
    BBirBBir Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well done man! Hopefully in a month or two I can join you in the Sec+ club!
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

This is definitely one of the more difficult CompTIA exams!

I would stay away from the Windows 7 exams. IMO you would be much more valuable to an organization with some Windows 10 certs (if you're looking to stay in the Desktop Administration area).

But to answer your question, the 70-680 really isn't that difficult. The 70-686 is much more difficult in my opinion. I think a lot of people underestimate how difficult the 70-680 actually is. So they under-prepare for it. I think that is why you find a lot of forums where people tell how difficult the 70-680 is. It's just like anything else in life, if you prepare for it, you will be fine. :D

Good luck with whatever route you choose!
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    I am sure you will man, there was not performance based questions or any questions on ports, but mostly scenarios of a intrusion, how to handle situations that are catastrophic and social engineering tactics.

• Options
    Well honestly I work for a big company, the only IT person. and I am in the IT Administrator role. I maintain two different sites in Atlanta and all their servers, phone lines, firewall, database etc. they are soon upgrading from xp to windows 7 pro. So currently I have seen a majority of businesses staying with windows 7. I am actually going more server side of things and network security are my two most enjoyable areas.I figured getting 70-680 and 686 would be valuable to have especially with my company transitioning finally from xp to windows 7. What does everyone recommend for a good practice exam for 70-680? What helped them pass this certification? I am open ears on it. as I really want to add that to my certification list. and not only add it but gain more knowledge through and through of windows 7 in general and in detail. I just can't believe microsoft makes the certification exams so dang hard/difficult to pass...

• Options
    EnticlesEnticles Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats :)

i can vouch for what Skyliinez92 said about Microsoft's certifications. they test not only your knowledge of their operating system and the technologies that it is based upon, but also their best practices and what i have come to call "the Microsoft way" of doing things.

In all honesty, i am grateful for this extra level of difficulty - because you cannot pass the exam without some pretty significant preparation / experience in the technology.

best of luck with whatever path you choose! :)
  • Options
    I agree it does seem that MS has "The Microsoft Way" of doing things. I've talked to others as well as you and Skyliinez92. and I am sure that it's spot on what he said. I just got done doing a Win Xp to WIN 7 rollout at my company this past week. So I have experience with Win 7. I just need to know how MS wants to hear the answer. Thanks guys! I am definitely going to use MeasureUp for Practice exams. The Don Poulton book has a practice exam but it doesn't seem the most ideal for a realistic helper.