Options

How do you use practice test?

DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
I'm currently studying for an MS exam coming close to finishing up the CBT for the second time. Once completed I want to roll into the practice test but I am unsure how to use these?

Any suggestions on the best way to use the test once you reviewed the CBT's. I wouldn't say I am an expert but I'm learning a lot, how much and where are my gaps, not sure.

Comments

• Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Personally, I like to go through the practice test and research each question as I go, regardless of how long it takes to complete. Eventually after taking the test a couple times, I am more familiar with the concepts and I can get through the test in a shorter amount of time & be able to give accurate & correct answers to all/most questions. There's no guarantee the real test will cover the exact same topics - but it's a decent step towards understanding all the material.
  • Options
    Hey thanks for providing that insight. I was wondering that, but wasn't sure if it would effect your overall learning. The CBT's are more like ice breakers not really prepping you for the exam. I personally like running the the CBT's first and labbing but I need more.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I have a notebook nearby to write down the questions I get wrong, then I see why I was wrong and try to read it several times to see if it is sinking in my brain.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    I was using the transcender flash card mode, I went through creating objects, nailed a 54%. I plan on going through again tonight all the questions and marking down the ones I get wrong.
  • Options
    soleteksoletek Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Research the questions you miss. I find when I research and lab stuff it sticks a lot better. Also if you can answer and EXPLAIN the question without looking at the given answers your golden.