Options

How much does a cert or A+ count towards admission at WGU?

dfluxdflux Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I read the sticky. I read the site. I'm reading 12 college courses. The reason I am asking is because I seen it mentioned by one user that they had 6 classes and an A+ and that counted into admission. So would the A+ certification a lone or two certs a lone get you into WGU if you don't have the college classes?

I got my A+ way back in 2001. Only had semester in college. I've been looking into WGU. I also read into suffering through straightline as a means of getting into WGU. As a second question are there any other alternatives to straightline to get into WGU besides general college courses?

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If I remember correctly, to gain admission with a certification it will have to have been attained or renewed within the last five years. Otherwise, no joy. If you have more than three years experience in IT, that should be one of the entry points into the program. Also, previous college credit will help immensely. Check out the offerings from Saylor Academy (saylor.org).
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me