Podcasts for people new to Infosec

NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
Greetings and Salutations,

I am back in the IT field, after several years as a project manager. I recently passed my CCNA R&S and ITIL exams. I am currently studying for my Security+.

I did a lot of Risk Management when I was a PM in the Defense industry and interacted daily with the IA people on various issues and it was something I found intellectually stimulating and something I want to get back to. I am leaning towards Incident Handling and Forensics for my specialties.

With that said, I am looking for more things to use in my education. Are there any podcasts that are good for newbie's, such as myself, to learn from?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Navy Moose!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Due to their nature podcasts are kind of a personal decision. What I find interesting you might find annoying because of the interaction of the hosts. With that said, for something not super deep dive technical maybe try Security Now, it's a Steve Gibson podcast from the TWIT network. I haven't listened to it in awhile but I don't remember it being crazy technical most of the time.
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Both links below would be worth checking out. Bloomberg often covers technology from a business standpoint outside the usual tech perspective. While the second link would be Paul dot com aka "Hack Naked" as is also well respected but won't bury you in tech detail. G4 TV looks like its now part of Esquire TV. Full Disclosure. Once a client of mine.

Cybersecurity stories - Bloomberg

http://securityweekly.com/

You could likewise search YouTube for weekly podcasts but the quality is generally a wildshot.

- b/eads