Class-map question

DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
Class-map inspect , Class-map type, Class-map match-any, Class-map-match-all I get. What is fuzzy is Class-map “name” and is the default action match-all?

Comments

• DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The "class-default" class defines what QOS parameters will be applied to traffic that has not been matched by other classes within a policy-map.
  • DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hopeful this clears up what I mean. If I go Class-map and name it Techexams and use the match command does it match-all or match-any or something else.

Router(config)#class-map Techexams

Router(config-cmap)#?

QoS class-map configuration commands:
    description Class-Map description
    exit Exit from QoS class-map configuration mode
    match classification criteria
    no Negate or set default values of acommand
    rename Rename this class-map

I know I should do a lab and figure it out, maybe next weekend.

• DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    When you create a class-map, by default, it will be set to match-all. You can change the behavior by adding the match-any keyword before the name.

class-map match-any Techexams
    Thanks DPG, That what I thought but could not find the documentation.
  • negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    match-any: the class-map action you want to take effect via the policy-map (ie. police, shape, drop etc.) will "kick in" if at least ONE of the criteria you're trying to match with your class-map is present. Let's say you're trying to match traffic from 10.2.0.0 to 10.3.0.0 with an access list but then you're trying to also match FTP traffic with NBAR. You have 2 criteria here; if any of them match, action will be taken as per your policy-map. Think of it as a LOGICAL "OR".

match-all: the action you want to take with the policy-map will only happen if all these criteria match. So, with the above in mind, you'd need to have FTP traffic from 10.2.0.0 flowing to 10.3.0.0 for the policy-map action to kick in. Think of it as a LOGICAL "AND".

Whatever traffic you haven't specifically posted in your admin-defined class-maps will get included in the "default" one (which you can also define a policy-map treatment for).

Hope this helps.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
    Thanks Negru_tudor. I had the other part fine just had a question about Router(config)#class-map Techexams config which was clear up now I'm good.