Passed 901 first time today!

N417HANN417HAN Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Having spent the last 7/8 months doing the Pitman course on the 801/802 I finally decided to go and do my 901. I didn't think I'd pass but spent hours doing practice exams and it's paid off. icon_cheers.gif

I scored a 758 which I'm happy with, does anyone know if you receive any kind of other documentation other than the paperwork at the end of the exam?

Need to start my 902 next.

Comments

• Falls_TechFalls_Tech Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job. I passed the 901 a couple of days ago. As far as I know all u get is the score sheet. And your right about the practice exams. Video instruction is good but practice exams carry the day. How many other test takers were in the room? There were only 3 when I was there......

What I did was leave early and pick up a quarter pounder on the way. Not the best food in the world but the idea is to have my energy peak during the exam....
  • donfas2002donfas2002 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi N417HAN,
    What exam practice did you use to get ready for the 901 exam. I am using crucial exam and exam compass. Do you have any recommendation for the study exam.

Thanks and congratulation.
  • MJK9550MJK9550 Member Posts: 160
    I've been using the same, along with some I got from the Exam Cram book I purchased and I read Comptia A+ Complete Study Guide. I took the 901 last week and have my 902 scheduled this coming Friday. I watched a lot of videos on Lynda.com and cybrary.it also. Reading those two books, all the practice tests and flashcards and watching all of those videos made it pretty simple.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Grats!!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • adrianm68adrianm68 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    2017 Goals: Cisco: [x]Switch [ ]Route [ ]Tshoot

Cisco engineer's command to teach his dog to sit: "no stand"
  • N417HANN417HAN Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    donfas2002 wrote: »
    Hi N417HAN,
    What exam practice did you use to get ready for the 901 exam. I am using crucial exam and exam compass. Do you have any recommendation for the study exam.

Thanks and congratulation.

I used pretty much the same stuff, ExamCompass is a great tool to use and helped me a lot though the exam. Be prepared that questions are worded differently to what you will see online and might catch you out.

Will be doing my 902 very soon using the same techniques.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.