CCNA Security Passed

SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
So, yesterday I passed CCNA security. What a shocker of an exam.

I am so suprised that the pass mark is 860, which is really high compared to the other Cisco exams. I scored bang on the pass mark, which is extermely lucky.

The exam itself was very broad and badly written.

Good luck to everyone looking take this exam in the future.
Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle

Comments

• joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! What did you use to study?
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Congrats! What did you use to study?

I used the INE video series, CBT Nuggets and the OCG. The OCG wasn't particuarly good but it's good try and see how Cisco wants you to approach things.

sriddle.co.uk
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Cool thanks. I started watching CBT Nuggets but this series kinda bothered me because of all the hopping around so I've been watching INE. Did you find one series more helpful than the other?
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Cool thanks. I started watching CBT Nuggets but this series kinda bothered me because of all the hopping around so I've been watching INE. Did you find one series more helpful than the other?

I totally agree with the hopping around, it's a pain. Yup, INE was really good, very detailed just quite long.

sriddle.co.uk
  • Kuvuli21Kuvuli21 Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations man! I haven't attempted the CCNA beast yet but it's on my to do list in 2017. Kinda a bit worried as I have heard horror stories about it. Just the CCNA alone not the CCNA security exam.
    Currently studying: 70-680 Windows 7: Configuring

2017-2018 goals: 70-685, Server 2012, CWNP, SSCP and/or CCNA.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□