Options

eJPT and eLearnSecurity Certifications worthwhile?

MJK9550MJK9550 Member Posts: 160
I am looking to get into pentesting at some point in the near future, is the eJPT a good place to start?

How recognized are these certifications?

Any advice would be awesome!

Comments

• Options
    xXxKrisxXxxXxKrisxXx Member Posts: 80 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's a good place to start. The eJPT I haven't seen recognized anywhere yet. I've seen the eCPPT and the eWPT in a couple job postings.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    They're lab based certifications - you will learn a lot. Great value for the money.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
  • Options
    KalabasterKalabaster Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I recommend skipping the eJPT and going straight to the eCPPT. The material in the eCPPT is presented such that it is relatively simple enough for most to be able to pick it up easily enough. It also bridges nicely into the most recognized pen testing cert, the OSCP, by taking you to a high enough level.
    Certifications: A+, Net+, Sec+, Project+, Linux+/LPIC-1/SUSE CLA, C|EH, eWPT, GMON, GWAPT, GCIH, eCPPT, GPEN, GXPN, OSCP, CISSP.
    WGU, BS-IT, Security: C178, C255, C100, C132, C164, C173, C172, C480, C455, ORA1, C182, C168, C394, C393, C451, C698, C697, C176, C456, C483, C170, C175, C169, C299, C246, C247, C376, C179, C278, C459, C463, C435, C436.
    Legend: Completed, In-Progress, Next
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Once I am done with CCENT, I will be taking on eJPT (and later eCPPT). I opened similar topic in the "Security Certifications" subforum and based on the response, it is definitely worth it.
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you do not have a ton of experience then the eJPT is a great place to start. Even though this certification isn't as widely known as some others, it is very well put together and I think provides a pretty good intro. I wouldn't put it on par with OSCP but it was fun.

i should also note, there are other great resources that don't cost money to get your feet wet. cybrary and some other free resources on the net, which if you search you can find some of them within these forums.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    OmegaNullerOmegaNuller Registered Users Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes definitely worth the try :)