Options

Odd job qualification

TechytachTechytach Member Posts: 140
While applying for jobs today I came across this quote. What do you suppose someone meant by this?
[FONT=&amp]Dynamic "young" group with national qualifications. [...] If you are sensitive, don't apply.[/FONT]

Now I want to apply just to see what they're like. Racist jokes? They hate old people? What? icon_confused.gif: It was so odd I had to share.

Comments

• Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sensitive to what? Sounds like a weird group of people.
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Sounds to me like "We are stocked full of hipster assholes that like to be assholes to each other", so if you aren't an *******, don't apply.
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Sounds like a company waiting to be sued for employment violations.
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yes they are looking to discriminate against older people.

and they probably do plenty to screw their younger people that they won't learn about till later due to their inexperience in the work place.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Lexluethar wrote: »
    Sounds like a company waiting to be sued for employment violations.
    Exactly my thoughts. They're trying to hire people that won't report inappropriate comments to HR, and/or sue.
  • Options
    clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I went to take a look at the ad.

It seems like they are trying to avoid saying that they are a startup (young) where they expect you to work 60 hours per week and get paid for 30.

And, you shouldn't be sensitive. Like have family, friends, or a life that will keep you from getting unpaid experience on the weekends and evenings.

and you shouldn't have hard feelings when you get burned out and they replace you with someone that isn't
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    I'm not gonna be sensitive in saying what I think about them: They're a try hard nerds trying to look cool. /

I wouldn't apply
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would apply. Looks like they love some tough jokes and don't want someone with political correctness and SJW style of communication to destroy it.
  • Options
    sodapopperssodapoppers Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would apply. Looks like they love some tough jokes and don't want someone with political correctness and SJW style of communication to destroy it.

This is how I took it, as well :)
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    I'd apply, I have been asked some pretty odd stuff during interviews anyway. LOL
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds like a work hard, party even harder kind of workplace. Generation Y (pronounced 'whyne') is stereotyped into worrying to much about having there feeling coddled, participation awards, trophies and self serving 'safe spaces'. This doesn't sound like a place for Gen Whyne is all.

Could be a really fun place to work if it becomes otherwise successful but I wouldn't expect HR to be the organization nanny either.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here... and all that.

Mwahahaha..!

- b/eads
  • Options
    Russell77Russell77 Member Posts: 161
    It reads like they need a drummer for a band.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Yes, it is odd. I suspect that it is being run by young startup people who haven't figured out yet that industry is actually regulated and you can get in serious trouble for some things.

The enthusiasm is nice, but really, you do need fire escapes, and if you work people 100 hours a week, they do break and don't tend to work that well. Also, giving your whole team LSD to encourage creativity and innovation doesn't always work out how you hope.

"We don't need you here, grampa, bringing us all down."
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM