Options

Apache Metron

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
One of the things I work on is security analytics, specifically with big data tools. Awhile back OpenSOC was all the rage (ala Cisco), but it was dropped as a project. It was picked up by a number of companies and ultimately has been deployed as an Apache project - thus Apache Metron. Those of you who are working in hunt teaming I highly suggest you take a look at it. I'm lucky in that I utilize Hortonworks for Hadoop and it was built to be deployed on top of the Hortonworks Cluster. There are a couple of YouTube videos that I suggest everyone take a look at.
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Thanks for the heads up! I had a google alert set up to let me know of news concerning OpenSOC, but never got this news. Since I hadn't heard anything over the past year, I was wondering what had happened to the project, now I'm pretty stoked. Hopefully HortonWorks will create install scripts for Azure too...

Edit: as a heads up to current students interested in deploying Apache Metron to AWS - be sure to sign up for the AWS Educate program. Apparently you get free AWS credits. Not sure if it'll be enough... but hey, free is free.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow