Options

From IT Intern to Sr. VMware Engineer

2»

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Deathmage wrote: »
    Many people on here can bicker at me all you want, but the things people on here have already seen with your posts in this thread is you know more about me that everyone on here. Question I ask myself is Why?

Because exactly what I said? We had mutual friends just like you confirmed two sentences prior? Look... let me explain how Facebook works: That globe setting? That's public. When we have mutual friends and they comment/like/etc public posts, that crap shows up in my feed unless I block you and unfortunately, I got to see wayyyyyyyy too much just simply scrolling down my own Facebook timeline. I could say specifics here that creeped me out that you made public but I've been pretty non-specific for a reason. You seemed like a good kid prior to this PUA stuff and I hope this isn't you deep down. If I write it here, it's public forever. The only thing I've called you out on is the BS you're trying to posture with on here.

This actually opens up a broader topic: Your social media is your brand - both professionally and personally. HR goons, recruiters, and future girlfriends are all going to Google your name and check social media so what you make public is the "you" that you reflect to them as well. Noodle on that.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    *Removed off-topic stuff

Regardless of any fluffing, embellishing, or whatever on the job timeline, it's still a great accomplishment overcoming disabilities and circumstances to become successful so I applaud you on that.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    *Removed off-topic stuff

Regardless of any fluffing, embellishing, or whatever on the job timeline, it's still a great accomplishment overcoming disabilities and circumstances to become successful so I applaud you on that.

Thank you kind sir. :)

One of the key traits of being an successful person is that you don't care what others say negatively, not everyone is out to be your friend. I'm completely fine with that. :)