Options

Dakota State University - MSIA Program

zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey all,

I have begun DSU's MSIA program this past week. I am taking 2 courses per semester and targeted to complete in spring of 2018. This semester I am taking INFA 713 Risk Management and INFA 720 Incident Response. So far the courses seem very up-to-date and the instructors are very knowledgeable.

The school and faculty also seem to pride themselves on ensuring the students have a thorough understanding of the material and topic and are not just capable of taking multiple choice exams, which I like a lot. They take pride in their reputation as one of the higher quality programs offering online degrees in Cybersecurity/Information Assurance, which is a good feeling considering I am taking their program myself.

I will continue to update this thread as I progress through the program.

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Definitely interested to hear more about the program and DSU. Keep debating if I want to start my Masters now or later... And DSU is probably where I'm thinking of going if I do.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice! Good luck and I look forward to your on-going review! My boss is in their DSc program and has nothing, but good things to say about it.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've been considering them for my MS. With 2 courses per semester can you break down some of the time requirements? Like class time per week, project time per week, etc?
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Danielm7 wrote: »
    I've been considering them for my MS. With 2 courses per semester can you break down some of the time requirements? Like class time per week, project time per week, etc?

Daniel,

Since I just started courses/the program this week I will have to come back to answer this in a bit of time. I will say that the courses meet twice a week in person and as an online student you have to listen to the recorded courses from that week as they are uploaded online. They run about 60 minutes in length however I listen to them at 1.5-2.0 speed so this cuts down the time impact drastically.
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks, looking forward to updates on how the program is going forward.