Options

Staffing agency. Skeptical

kp10tangkp10tang Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got a call from abcd IT staffing agency.
XYZ is servicing walt Disney. XYZ is looking for network engineer. Abcd told me it is a contract to hire but cant give me that word in the offer letter.
50 per hour and cant go above that.

Got a call from efgh IT staffing agency. XYZ is looking for network engineer. 7 months contract. It is for Disney.
60 per hour.

Would u trust abcd agency?

Comments

• Options
    TechytachTechytach Member Posts: 140
    No, don't ever trust them.
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So many variables involved here. Is one offering corp to corp, 1099, direct hire, Contract to hire, benefits? If so what are they offering? Your presenting such a small fraction of the needed information and asking for a detailed analysis of the situation, its beyond funny.

Some companies are going to try and low ball you either way others will try to get the most money for both parties involved. Its all over when you sign the non-compete or right to represent with the body shop of your choice. Choose wisely. icon_surprised.gif

- b/eads
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sounds like ABC is "over-promising" and also taking a Larger cut than the other contract house.

I would go with the other vendor who's paying $10 more.

7 month contract could be Great... or Not; really depends on your preference/situation.

Personally, i seriously doubt that Disney is doing any Contract-to-Hire.
    Their @ss is in the news for getting SUED for unlawful H1-B practices.

You're probably NOT gonna have a long fruitful career at Disney; but maybe it's good experience(?).

b/eads is right:
    Beware the Non-compete agreement.