Options

So, what type of jobs can I do with an AA and some certs?

Sora1234Sora1234 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have realized that IT isn't a physical job, but it still interest me. I have no desire to be a manger of any sort.

So, I have an AA already. What type of jobs can an AA and a few certs get me? I bought the TestOut Pcpro software for the A+

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    What kind of experience do you have? If none you're looking at help desk or other entry level type jobs.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I have no experience. I am saying in the longrun. Could I become a network tech? I expect to start at entry level jobs. Is 29 years old too old to try and enter?

What are some other entry level jobs besides help desk.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Long term you can do pretty much anything. This industry once you get in and get some experience a lot of doors open. Network tech should be more of a short term goal. Take any kind of job you can find to start building the resume and grab a CCNA and you could find those kind of roles within a few months in the right area.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Ya with zero experience you are looking at help desk, desktop support or NOC / phone support. Once you get experience and apply yourself the sky is the limit.

Be warned though, some larger corporations will require a bachelors - it's just the rub. Most small and mid sized companies it won't matter but some companies won't even interview you unless you have a bachelors unless you have an inside track through a recruiter or someone that works internally.

29 isnt too old IMO - i started when I was 27.
  • Options
    Lexluethar wrote: »
    Ya with zero experience you are looking at help desk, desktop support or NOC / phone support. Once you get experience and apply yourself the sky is the limit.

Be warned though, some larger corporations will require a bachelors - it's just the rub. Most small and mid sized companies it won't matter but some companies won't even interview you unless you have a bachelors unless you have an inside track through a recruiter or someone that works internally.

29 isnt too old IMO - i started when I was 27.

What if you wanted to work for the government? I take it they usually require a Bachelors?