Options

Old timer

fanturexfanturex Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

First post, an old timer just re-evaluating the last 15 years in IT (how it has changed), currently on with the following:

JNCIA-Junos
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
Cloud+

Already done the VCA6's

As you can tell, I have a thing for cloudy stuff. Am not looking for a expert level position. Just want to be a good old all rounder.

From the Microsoft offering's, what would you recommend Azure or Hyper-V as a starting point.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hello there!

For free stuff, try the Microsoft Virtual Academy https://mva.microsoft.com/
    Lots on Hyper-V, Azure, System Centre etc to get you started :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Welcome! *You are not an 'oldtimer'..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    ChinookChinook Member Posts: 206
    OP

I'd recommend you learn Azure over Hyper V. You can figure out the basics of Hyper V if you have experience with VMware. Azure is a completely different beast. My opinion (as another old timer) is that Azure and AWS are the next "big" thing in computing. I believe computing power will become like electricity.

On the topic of being an old timer in this field have you ever sat and thought about how much things change and how much effort you put into adapting to that change? It's a life of continuous education.