Options

Passed GCIH

hr1stovhr1stov Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took 504 in May with Bryce Galbraith. Very good instructor btw. Scheduled my exam for August 1st. I spent 1 week per book, carefully reading through and indexing. Ended up with about 500 entries in my index. I took the first practice and scored a 80%. On the second practice, I scored a 78%, which was discouraging.

On test day I went in with my my index and books, and really took my time. Maybe took my time a little too much, since I finished the exam with only about 5 minutes left. I ended up scoring a 91%, which I feel really good about. I would say both practice and real exam are at the same difficulty level. Let me know if you have any questions.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
  • Options
    BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm hoping to take the GCIH this fall/winter.
  • Options
    quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Have a beer and think of ways to approach your boss for a raise!
  • Options
    g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    oprimeoprime Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nicely done, congrats!
  • Options
    temuchintemuchin Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! What's next?
  • Options
    devguttsdevgutts Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear, Congrats!! Can you share the index to me devgutts[dot]gmail[dot]com. Sorry I am a new user and not able to PM.

I am planning to take the GCIH exam this month..
    ---
    hr1stov wrote: »
    Took 504 in May with Bryce Galbraith. Very good instructor btw. Scheduled my exam for August 1st. I spent 1 week per book, carefully reading through and indexing. Ended up with about 500 entries in my index. I took the first practice and scored a 80%. On the second practice, I scored a 78%, which was discouraging.

On test day I went in with my my index and books, and really took my time. Maybe took my time a little too much, since I finished the exam with only about 5 minutes left. I ended up scoring a 91%, which I feel really good about. I would say both practice and real exam are at the same difficulty level. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Options
    Sorry cant do that. Making the index is really the best way to study imo.