Options

Passed Security+

MickyDeeMickyDee Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed with a 747/900

I took the CompTIA Security+ exam yesterday. It was both easier and harder than I expected. The simulations were actually pretty easy; except for one of them I had to more or less guess on. The MCQ’s were hard since I felt that there were some questions that had multiple correct answers.

Some tips:
Know your encryption and when to use each one: AES, DES, 3DES, etc. I did not study these too much, which is why I struggled on them. I felt that the test was pretty heavy on these hence my barely passing score. Other than that, make sure you have knowledge of what CompTIA expects you to know.

As for me, I’m debating on if I should study for the CASP or CISSP next. I’m leaning towards the CISSP since it is much more recognizable. I am also starting a MS in Information Security and Assurance soon, so I’ll have my hands full with that. Career wise, I am trying to get on with one of the 3 letter agencies; so I'm basing everything that I do around that.

Comments

• Options
    TrucidoTrucido Member Posts: 250 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    2017 Certification Goals
    CompTIA A+ [ ] CompTIA Net+ [ ] CompTIA Sec+ [ ] CCENT [ ] ITIL [ ]
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Thanks for sharing the tips!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    Nana zakiNana zaki Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats but i want ask question , the success for security + 750/900
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Good point. OP, did you mean 847?
  • Options
    MickyDeeMickyDee Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the congratulations guys. Sorry, I meant my score was 767/900, not 747.