Options

CAS + Cyber Analyst +

firemike314firemike314 Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
I sat in on this certification today and have many thoughts. I have a few years and special training for Cyber Security from the military. I give it a C +, although I know it is the Beta so ill keep it short. The sims do some justice to the position title, however my thoughts are that the sims were limited on applying to the actual career field. Some of the questions were poorly written in the sense I could not decipher what the question was actually asking for. In some instances both answers were correct not like which one is better, but they two answers were correct. A few questions made perfect sense to me where another handful could have been questioned more fluidly. I think the exam for the most part is leaning towards how to be an analyst, but still leave incident handling to GCIH kind of thing as an example.

Comments

• Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I sat in on this certification today and have many thoughts. I have a few years and special training for Cyber Security from the military. I give it a C +, although I know it is the Beta so ill keep it short. The sims do some justice to the position title, however my thoughts are that the sims were limited on applying to the actual career field. Some of the questions were poorly written in the sense I could not decipher what the question was actually asking for. In some instances both answers were correct not like which one is better, but they two answers were correct. A few questions made perfect sense to me where another handful could have been questioned more fluidly. I think the exam for the most part is leaning towards how to be an analyst, but still leave incident handling to GCIH kind of thing as an example.

My take is a little different than yours. I found the exam challenging and enjoyable. I'd put it in the solid B area. (A for content, C for execution) There were some hiccups, but hey it's a beta. I don't know if I passed. I'm not in incident handling or secops on a day to day basis, so it won't hurt my pride if I don't get it.
  • Options
    scjohnson1988scjohnson1988 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I definitely agree that I found instances where I could (and likely successfully) argue that multiple answers were correct. There were also 2-3 questions where I felt there was an answer CompTIA wanted me to select, but I knew was factually incorrect either from a technical or policy-driven standpoint. I stuck to my guns and selected what I think was the better choice, but I regret it, as I'm sure I'll just end up missing them. For example, one question used the work "prevent", but I felt the answer choices provided wanted me to select a non-preventative solution as the answer, as it seemed to flow better with the intent of the question. I just hope they take the time to read the comments for each question.