Options

I got CCNA certified , how can I get a job !!!

mustafa86mmustafa86m Banned Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have a computer Engineering degree and like 2 years IT experience since couple years ago. I have just recently got certified for CCNA . How can I find a job without any experience , I know it is hard , but the question is how can I start ?
what is the first step it should be taken to enter Networking or IT/networking field since there is a Job gab .
I live in USA , I hope I can get some useful answers from people live in United States , so I can follow the right steps .

Thank you for any help or assistance

Comments

• Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mustafa86m wrote: »
    I have a computer Engineering degree and like 2 years IT experience

How can I find a job without any experience

But you have experience? icon_scratch.gif
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    First step is to write a good resume. Second step is to learn to sell your self once that resume gets you calls.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    jcp1856jcp1856 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Having good written and grammar skills are very important as well. I'm assuming that English isn't your first language and if it is god help you.
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Is it safe to assume that your two years of IT experience is not related to Cisco networking? Use your favorite job search engine of choice (LinkedIn, Dice, Simply Hired, etc) to search for entry-level NOC roles.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    vfr clownvfr clown Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you are currently working, look for networking opportunities within your company. Volunteering is a good way to build exp and add to your resume.
    AOS Computer Systems
    AA General Studies
    BSNOS - 2019
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,053 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Maybe start looking for NOC job postings?

Or, (if you are really desparate) looks for HELP DESK postions at companies that also do networking (work your way up).
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    AwesomeGarrettAwesomeGarrett Member Posts: 257
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

If you have 0 experience in the network field then you need to apply to every network job you can find. Don't waste your time applying to senior roles.

The objective is to find someone who will take a chance on you.