Options

Where Can I Find CCIE Labs and Questions

dppagcdppagc Member Posts: 293
Hi,

I have mostly finished the INE videos on CCIE and the way Brian teaches MPLS, BGP is amazing. However, my personal opinion is that QoS is lacking though.

Anyway, I got a couple of questions.

When can I know that I am "fit" to take the CCIE written?

Where can I get the CCIE lab to practice? Can I just use GNS3?

The concepts are very well explained by Brian but I really have to lab the things to retain my knowledge. :D

Comments

• Options
    FadakartelFadakartel Member Posts: 144
    If its the CCIE SP you are referring to you can use this book https://leanpub.com/ccie-spv4-comp-guide/c/givingback
  • Options
    Nope. I am taking r&s first. SP will be a supplement.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Most folks buy the INE and Micronics lab workbooks and start there. Eventually you exhaust those workbooks because one you do a troubleshooting workbook and solve it or read the answer, they're not as relevant anymore. There's also the Cisco 360 workbooks as well.

When you exhaust all those because you've labbed them up already, then you get a friend or other CCIE candidate to break your lab for you in new and interesting ways and then try to fix that.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Any links to them?
    Also when will I know the "right time" to take the written and practical?

The studying seems neverending
  • Options
    INE.com is where you can buy the INE workbooks and micronicstraining.com is where you buy the Micronics workbooks. There are several ones you can buy at both

As far as "right time," that's a personal decision. Typically I see most people go for the CCIE R&S when they don't get challeged by workbooks anymore and they've had friends throw lab challenges at them time-and-time again and it doesn't phase them.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    Iristheangel"

Do you mind sharing your journey?
    Did you do rack rental?
  • Options