Options

CEH Application

bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
When you go to apply to take the CEH, do I need to worry about anything? I have over 5 years of IT experience with security intermingled within all my previous positions. My current position, its split 50/50 between IT and IT security. I feel my resume shows I have experience in all areas. Does anyone know of being denied? I feel my experience is sufficient, but as usual, just a little worry.

Comments

• Options
    BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bamahonky wrote: »
    When you go to apply to take the CEH, do I need to worry about anything? I have over 5 years of IT experience with security intermingled within all my previous positions. My current position, its split 50/50 between IT and IT security. I feel my resume shows I have experience in all areas. Does anyone know of being denied? I feel my experience is sufficient, but as usual, just a little worry.

Are you doing the self study method, or the class method? IIRC, there is a slight difference in requirements of proof between the two.

For me, I went with self study which means I had to prove a resume, and a supervisor reference. If you are going this route to, I think you should be fine assuming your security experience isn't just "resetting passwords". I think the biggest hurdle would be if your supervisor reference for some reason didn't mimic similar items that you submitted. For example, if you said you have XYZ experience and the manager says differently (Or whoever you use as a reference) you would probably have a hard time.

But as long as your being honest you should be fine.

As for being denied, I am not sure I know of anyone that has been denied, but I also dont know all that many people personally who have even attempted it.
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If your experience meets the requirements and your bosses/managers sign off on it and verifies your experience when they email them, you should be fine.