Options

OSCP - Yes, Another Damn OSCP Thread. Follow Me - It'll be fun

SavykSavyk Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All

So, taking heart from all the great stories of perseverance, diligence, sweat, blood, tears and little rocking in the corner mumbling to yourselves, I would also like to document my trials whilst attempting the Everest of pentesting certs - OSCP.

My educational background:
A+ N+ XRY XACT ENCE (did training, never wrote exam), teeny tiny bit of python, ridiculous interest in anything infosec related. Programming languages - nil.

My employment background:
Two digital forensic companies. Currently have the opportunity to start my own digital forensic company and looking to branch out our 'expertise'

Family Life:
Full-time job, married + one daughter (2yrs).

The reason for telling you all my life story is to put the challenge of the cert and life into perspective.

I haven't registered for PWK yet - still waiting for fibre to be linked at home icon_rolleyes.gif but once that is live, rock 'n roll.

I will review the course, course materials and videos as I go along, which hopefully will benefit any other aspiring OSCP'ers as well include any additional resources I have found useful.

I don't know if I will pass - but, hey if anything, I'll learn to come up with creative excuses when my daughter asks why Daddy'd crying...

Thanks to all for the inspiring stories here at Tech Exams.

Br,

Savyk

Comments