Options

Is CEH V9? EC-Council Training Time?

YollamaYollama Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I cant find anything on the ECCouncil site stating that the CEH is all V9 now, but I assume it is?

How about their training? How long would something like that take to complete?

TIA!

Comments

• Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Officially, there is no longer a version. But yes, it is now version nine. It took me three weeks to get my CEH, but everyone is different. Could take a week, could take months. It all depends on your existing knowledge and time to commit to studying.
  • Options
    BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Officially, there is no longer a version. But yes, it is now version nine. It took me three weeks to get my CEH, but everyone is different. Could take a week, could take months. It all depends on your existing knowledge and time to commit to studying.

Agreed - What kind of experience do you have? Also, technically speaking you need to have some security experience to sit for the exam if you aren't attending training.

There are lots of threads on here about study materials, resources, and timelines. I'd start by just looking through those. You will gain a lot of information.
  • Options
    EnderWigginEnderWiggin Member Posts: 551 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BuzzSaw wrote: »
    Agreed - What kind of experience do you have? Also, technically speaking you need to have some security experience to sit for the exam if you aren't attending training.

There are lots of threads on here about study materials, resources, and timelines. I'd start by just looking through those. You will gain a lot of information.
    Ah, I forgot about the experience requirement, I did it through school. My experience is a couple years of system administration/infosec. Nothing glamorous, but coupled with other studying, the CEH was a breeze.