Options

Entry Level Salary for SAP Analyst

egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
Are there any with the SAP profession in this thread? I'm taking an SAP class currently and deeply wonder how their compensation compares to the other areas (e.g. networking, database, programming)

egrizzly
B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+

Comments

• Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Worked with some high end ones back in the day. They made bank, but they'd been at it a while. What does salary.com say?
  • Options
    65-70K, however I want to hear it from the people.
  • Options
    zabe1zabe1 Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know a a guy currently doing it now. Its all contract work from what I understand. Companies usually hire you for a year or so. 12+hr days. Since its contract its around 100-120k yearly. Pay is a little high because no benefits and all that. Job was in southern california. This person just studied SAP and got the job right away, but the studying was done in another country, he didn't have a background in computers, he was a tax guy, but he was damm smart

In the other country, the agency will get like 30 people, and have them go through a tough course in SAP, usually 8hrs a day for like so many days or weeks, and fluff up the resume and sell them to a company in USA for contract work, and usually takes a cut once hired

After the contract was over, he received his green card from his employer and brought his family over, I think he did contract work for 2 years until he got his green card.
  • Options
    wow, he got entry level work for 100-120K yearly. not bad at all.
  • Options
    zabe1zabe1 Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, I don't know too much about SAP, he did not specifically tell me the exact number, but I do know it was over 100 but less than 120 from a conversation we had. Also the city that we are is kinda like a IT hub for a lot of contract IT workers. Its also an expensive place to live in as well, so that might have a lot to do with it.