Options

**** Question

win2k3win2k3 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are **** practice questions considered braindumps? Since, they are exact questions and scenerios as real exam, just the companies and the minor details are different. Just so you all know i've read the MCSE Training Kit : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Exam 70-270) / Microsoft Corporation book and completed the labs also, so i've actually legitimitely learned everything. I failed my first exam by score 677, but re-scheduled using Microsoft Second Offer, will take it in a week, hopefully will pass, will keep you guys posted. :D

Comments

• Options
    herms, whats with the xxxxxxx? does that mean xxxxx is illegal?
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Yes, and the word censor (which makes the xxxxxxxx) is also meant to prevent you from breaking the Registration Terms to which you agreed when registering here, hence is meant to prevent you from getting banned. So you might not want to try and circumevent our word censor by using yet another spelling of the same **** company. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    I'm really sorry i didn't know it wont happen again. I'm just wondering why would my school thats runs the microsoft academy program, would be endorsing a company like that? My teacher was the one that gave me the questions. But since they are illegal i guess i wont use them. I'm sorry again for violating any rules i did not know about. Wish me luck on exam, i'll need it.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    win2k3 wrote:
    I'm really sorry i didn't know it wont happen again. I'm just wondering why would my school thats runs the microsoft academy program, would be endorsing a company like that?

I believe that this is so that you pass the exam and it makes the instructor look good.
  • Options
    Well, no harm done, it was kinda obvious you didn't know.

Unfortunately, this is not the first time I heard this. It's a frigging outrage. If your school is aware of the fact those are stolen actual exam questions, they give them because they want a high pass rate for their students, which in turn they can use for marketing purposes (i.e. "all our students pass..."). With all the complaints about outsourcing I've heard over the past several years, it amazes me that companies like your school buys illegal products from companies in countries such as Pakistan. Though it should be obvious by now that Microsoft, nor anyone else involved in delivering these exams, has the power to do something about it. And then to think that Cisco mentioned in an interview a while ago: "We feel very comfortable with the security of our exams and we felt very comfortable with the security of our exams for a long time.", while their questions are all over the Internet. Who's kidding who? icon_mad.gif
  • Options
    Are you saying my instructor is a fraud? And she does not want me to actually learn the stuff??!! Because thats not true, she is a good teacher, who does a good job covering exam objectives and doing labs, and covering the windows xp pro as a whole, and go in detail in networking essentials and security.

Question: How is being a microsoft-parter in practice testing any more not cheating then some other company who does practice questions like transcenders and ****? If you ask me cheating is cheating.

BTW: I'm from Northern Virginia, USA.
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    One of the reasons people get angry about them is not only because cheating is obviously a bad thing, but because they allow unskilled people to pass tests that are intended to gauge skill levels. This tends to devalue the certs and hurts the majority of use that work hard to legitimately earn our certs. I completely agree with Johan that it is outrage for a teacher to tell his students to ****. Whats worse is that the teacher is not even giving the students a choice, he/she is of course not going to tell students that they're doing something illegal. I don't blame you at all, you're actually more of a victim than perpetrator.
  • Options
    Not your instructor, but the product she is giving you.

Comparing legitimate practice exams to stolen actual questions is an insult for those who spend a lot of time and effort to write original 'practice' questions, like me, instead of stealing them from test centers using digital cameras, like the company you mentioned.

Since I'm absolutely not interested in having yet another useless discussion about braindumps, I'll just forward you to:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.mcmcse.com/articles/braindumps.shtml

"useless discussion" because there is nothing to discuss. Knowing the actual exam questions and answers upfront is cheating. Using practice questions is something very very different.
  • Options
    you're actually more of a victim than perpetrator.

I'm not a fake as i've said already i've actually learned the material. I've gone through the microsoft book, and the labs, and learned and practiced it for about 5+ months. I'm not a fake. I know the stuff.
  • Options
    win2k3 wrote:
    Question: How is being a microsoft-parter in practice testing any more not cheating then some other company who does practice questions like transcenders and xxxxxxxxxx? If you ask me cheating is cheating.

The difference is you can't memorize transcender's questions and expect to pass the exam, because their exact questions won't be on the exam. You can with a braindump.

Also, it's funny and kinda sad at the same time that you just listed another one.
  • Options
    kalebksp wrote:
    One of the reasons people get angry about them is not only because cheating is obviously a bad thing, but because they allow unskilled people to pass tests that are intended to gauge skill levels. This tends to devalue the certs and hurts the majority of use that work hard to legitimately earn our certs. I completely agree with Johan that it is outrage for a teacher to tell his students to ****. Whats worse is that the teacher is not even giving the students a choice, he/she is of course not going to tell students that they're doing something illegal. I don't blame you at all, you're actually more of a victim than perpetrator.
    Very well said.

win2k3 wrote:
    I'm not a fake as i've said already i've actually learned the material. I've gone through the microsoft book, and the labs, and learned and practiced it for about 5+ months. I'm not a fake. I know the stuff.
    A common argument is that other study material is also used, experience, etc.etc. The point is that without knowing the actual questions and answers upfront, you have to go that extra mile to pass the exam. That extra mile separates (well should) the certified from the uncertified. While the latter can still be a skilled professional, cheating devaluates not only the certs we worked hard for, but also the cert you are working hard for. And I bet pay for.
  • Options
    win2k3 wrote:

Umm... I didn't call you a fake, I was saying it wasn't your fault.
  • Options

Thanks a lot for that link, and i do understand your points now that i think about it. Your right, REAL questions are different then made up questions. And i will definitly not read the packet my teacher gave me, i'm throwing them in thrash right now..

I use ur practice exam on here for 70-270 and get 90%+.. and i will buy myself a legitimate practice book for exam, that does not use real questions.

You guys are right, i'm just a dumb n00b :P
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Edited.....it almost sounded rude, but was supposed to be a funny comment......'

nothing to see here...move along
  • Options
    win2k3 wrote:
    i'm throwing them in thrash right now..
    That's were they belong icon_wink.gif
    You guys are right, i'm just a dumb n00b
    No, just a victim of a seemingly naive teacher.
  • Options
    I found something ironic the other day, I searched for "70-270" on msn search (don't ask me why I was using msn search, I honestly don't know), and the first result was one of the more well known ****. Turns out, if you search for any of the popular MS cert that is almost always the first result. From my understanding of search engines that would mean either MS excepts money for placement, or it's the most visited site for those topics. Either way it's screwed up.
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    my training provider does something similar, the teachers encourage the use of braindumps to pass and have xxxxxxx on all their "lab" computers. and uh that's all anyone does on those computers, when i walk in there's this row of ppl memorizing the questions.
    funny thing is that they often fail, and they're like "yeah there were some questions that weren't on the xxxxxx so i didn't know them". ha effing losers, i'd like to see them at their interviews.
    of the hundreds of ppl who "study" there, i only know one person who doesn't ****.
    anyway i reported them to MS as they are a partner thang but whatever, things go on as usual.
    me, i rarely go there. do all the study at home. wow, paying them for the priviledge of self study. you just can't beat that.
    witty comment
  • Options
    kalebksp wrote:
    I found something ironic the other day, I searched for "70-270" on msn search (don't ask me why I was using msn search, I honestly don't know), and the first result was one of the more well known ****. Turns out, if you search for any of the popular MS cert that is almost always the first result. From my understanding of search engines that would mean either MS excepts money for placement, or it's the most visited site for those topics. Either way it's screwed up.
    MSN works pretty similar to google, especially when it comes to 'links in' The more links that point to your site the better your ranking for the keywords in that link. So basically, if I build 100 sites and on every site link the text 70-270 practice exams to www.techexams.net, we would end on top of the list. This is against google's acceptable use policy but I reported it a long time ago and quite frankly, they don't give a damn about what ends up in their search results or whether most of the toplist sites are from the same individual running dozens of the same **** sites.

I know for a fact CompTIA and Pearson VUE have multiple people in job posititions created just to fight such illegal activities. I've had contact with them many times in the past and even if it doesn't look that way, they are trying hard. As for Microsoft, I had contact with someone who now retired, and since then they haven't been that eager to co-op with sites like this, as we have done a lot in the past. And Cisco I really don't understand....

But when you think about it, it's pretty incompetent of MSN to list sites that steal and sell Microsoft exam questions. I don't think the people involved with exam security at MS are happy with that either.

I'm starting to believe it really is a matter of money. If they would throw enough money at it they can do something about it. I really believe they can. The market shifting to countries such as India (another major **** provider) and Pakistan should be enough reason to make this a political issue. Nike and other large companies are also working together with other governments to bring back the huge amount of knock-offs. Shouldn't the same effort be put in professional certifications?

The last real effort I made is getting MS, CompTIA, Pearson VUE, Prometric and all the other test vendors as wel as training centers to start a global 'say no to braindumps' campaign. Starting by educating the trainers and training centers. The idea was not taken seriously I guess. Or they are still under the incorrect assumption most people don't know about braindumps yet and don't want to give anyone any ideas. I don't actively have contact with the related departments at former mentioned companies, I'm 'out of the loop' by choice, but that doesn't mean we will ever change our policy on this, unless the exam vendors start publishing their own questions making them part of honest preparation.

I think a boycot (of all certs for a week or so) should have a great effect, but honestly, I think we are getting outnumbered. If you'd had any idea of how ridiculous much they sell... even if anyone would close them down, they would have millions to start over. Force their host to shut down the servers, and they'll start their own hosting company. Ban and censor their ads from legitimate sites, and they'll buy and create hundreds themselves.
  • Options
    It looks like the odds are against the honest people.

Perhaps more of the simulation questions will help deter them.
  • Options
    "yeah there were some questions that weren't on the xxxxxx so i didn't know them"

I've seen that one being posted here dozens of times over the past several years (TechExams.net is 4 years old in June!), the one that annoys me even more is:

"most of the questions came directly from xxxxxxx version X."

As if Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA or any other exam vendor gets their questions from $50 PDFs with 5th-grade level of English. It's too sad to be funny.

Relate that with posts "I can only get a call-desk job while being a MCSE". icon_sad.gif

What really makes me icon_scratch.gif is how people can justify using **** for simulation questions to themselves. I really don't get that. We now have CCNAs who know how to configure a Cisco router and switch in that one particular network setup (vlans) with that one particular configuration (trunking), but don't know how to set the configuration register or upgrade the IOS. Same goes with MS sim questions. I think it's pretty disrespectful to yourself to memorize sim question **** and learn it in the same way you could teach a parrot to press buttons on a touchscreen...
  • Options
    jburnjburn Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The concept of this whole thing is not new. It's seems to be the human nature to live for the moment and get yourself rich even if it means that others that follow will suffer. It is why professional athletes use steroids so that they can get the big contracts and why we continue to pollute are environment with harmful chemicals but CEOs of Exxon continue to line their pockets. It is why big companies out source our jobs so that they can pay cheap labor to over seas nations even though they know that it is hurting the American economy. Most people seem to have the attitude that I am going to get mine and you fend for yourself. This is not my attitude, but just my opinion of what I see. I think it's the same principal with the braindumps.
  • Options
    dgtalhvkdgtalhvk Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Webmaster wrote:
    "yeah there were some questions that weren't on the xxxxxx so i didn't know them"

I've seen that one being posted here dozens of times over the past several years (TechExams.net is 4 years old in June!), the one that annoys me even more is:

"most of the questions came directly from xxxxxxx version X."

As if Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA or any other exam vendor gets their questions from $50 PDFs with 5th-grade level of English. It's too sad to be funny.

Relate that with posts "I can only get a call-desk job while being a MCSE". icon_sad.gif

What really makes me icon_scratch.gif is how people can justify using **** for simulation questions to themselves. I really don't get that. We now have CCNAs who know how to configure a Cisco router and switch in that one particular network setup (vlans) with that one particular configuration (trunking), but don't know how to set the configuration register or upgrade the IOS. Same goes with MS sim questions. I think it's pretty disrespectful to yourself to memorize sim question **** and learn it in the same way you could teach a parrot to press buttons on a touchscreen...

I agree with you 100%. It makes it hard for others who genuinely put the time, effort and study into obtaining the certification. I'm after the certification to obtain a role as a Desktop Support Engineer and hope to go down the MCSA or MCSE path and ultimately end up as a Systems Administrator. I've worked the helldesk role for 3 years now and feel that its time to move on.

Sure, 70-270 is a tough exam, but if everyone cheats, the qualification is meaningless and redundant.