Options

AWS Support engineer

2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
couple weeks ago i was contacted by someone from AWS for Cloud Support Engineer - Security position. now i made it to the second round of interviews (so far they like me) where i will be speaking with the manager and an engineer (phone interview and they said itll take about an hour). i was wondering, what kind of question should i expect? i am trying to prepare and be ready to answer all of their questions. i will post the description they sent me and it would be nice if TE community can give me guidance to what i should read up on.

Overview
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have technical backgrounds from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, database design and optimization, big data analysis, network administration, and dev ops. The security role supports our services that focus on security technologies including Identity Access Management (IAM), Cloudwatch, KMS, Cloud Trail, CloudHSM, Inspector etc. A solid security provides the foundation for all Cloud services. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about working with network security products. Since we’re working in the Cloud, you will need to be very comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing. If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!

Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills, as well as the ability to handle a mix of disparate tasks. This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your duties.

Basic Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
· 3+ years of experience in technical position
· Interest in information security and a desire to learn techniques and technologies such as application security, cryptography, threat modeling, penetration testing, etc.
· Strong Linux or Windows system administrator skills
· Network Essentials - understanding of the various layers, TCP/IP, DNS, etc.
  • Experience scripting or developing in at least one of the following languages:
- Python
- Ruby
- Powershell / Bash
- PHP
- Java
- .NET (C#)
- JavaScript
- iOS (Objective-C / Swift)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Customer service experience/Strong customer focus
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Self-starter who is excited about technology
Preferred Qualifications
· Knowledge of Cloud Computing concepts – virtualization, networking, storage, etc.
· Experience with AWS
· Detailed knowledge of networking protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, SMTP, TCP
· Expertise with iperf, MTR, traceroute, dig
· Luna SA certified Engineer
· Experience working with Hardware Security Models