Options

Passed ITIL PRACTITIONER 11/09/2016

slobiancoslobianco Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

This is my fist thread and wanted to share with you myexperience considering many are wondering how the exam is.

I speak Spanish, so I apologize in advance for any grammaticalerror you may find.

ITIL Practitioner covers the CSI approach for any ITSMrelated improvement you may want to implement in your organization. In order tobe successful the CSI approach relies on PRINCIPLES, METRICS, COMMUNICATION andORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE MANAGEMENT (OCM)

Quick note: OCM is a “capability” to help people transitionthrough a change process (because new processes are being adopted, or because anew tool is introduced, or just because what you do at your job will change somehowand you´ll need new skills or training in order to perform the new role).It tries to manage any kind of resistance frompeople to change (this has nothing to do with ITIL Change Management).

I will be 100% honest, I choose ITIL Practitioner (in myjourney to ITIL Expert) because I thought it would be easier than taking ServiceDesign or Service Transition. I was wrong…

May be it was difficult to me because I took no training,only self-study. But I managed pretty well taking Intermediate Service Strategy,Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement using the same methodology.

ITIL Practitioner exam is very tricky. The exam tests are mandatoryif you want to learn the structure of questions they expect you to answer. THISIS VERY IMPORTANT!!

I did not passed one of the test exams (a shocker!) and Iwas very surprised when I read the “Rationale” (answers + explanations). Thereis definitely a gap between what you read from the book to what you aresupposed to be ready to answer. This iswhy practice is the key.

I did the test exams several times to get used to the formatand to learn how to pick the best answer. Keep this tip in mind.

I have studied hard during a month and passed yesterday with70% (28/40), which means I got the minimum score.

Let me mention (just to make sense the following comparison)that I got 36/40 on the Intermediate Continual Service Improvement exam. Rememberthat ITIL Practitioner is based on the CSI approach, so if the content issimilar… why I barely passed?
I figure because the exam format is completely different,and I got used to taking Intermediate level format.

To conclude this exam is not impossible but expect to bedifficult. So be ready for it working hard, doing the test exams and reviewing therationales.

Don’t underestimate it as I did !!

Regards from Argentina.

Santiago

Comments