Options

Hard time finding a Sys Admin job in Houston, TX.

2»

Comments

• Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Austin's full. We have no more room. I hear that there's plenty of space in San Antonio...
    Datcyde wrote: »
    I currently work for NXP here in Austin and I'm loving it. I relocated from NYC for this position and its just fantastic here. Plenty of tech jobs, great place to raise a family and as a guy, the women are beautiful. I say move to Austin and get a job to pay the bill and find something you want and get it. Keep studying and make sure to relax and have fun. Great place to have a life.
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So much for southern hospitality ;) I kid, I kid

I have been looking at moving to Houston as-well. I see jobs all the time for that area but none that I am really interested in just yet. I assume the oil and gas companies are tightening their belts due to low prices and such, which might push veteran IT folks out into other sectors to find work. I have also been considering other places like San Antonio, which would still keep us close to my GF's family. Since I would be an implant, I wonder how much easier it would be to quit and then use part of my savings to make a go of it. It's not like I can't wash dishes until I found something better if that is what I had to do. When your looking it can be tough that's for sure.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    tedjames wrote: »
    Austin's full. We have no more room. I hear that there's plenty of space in San Antonio...

No room here either. Monster trucks everywhere...beware!
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown