2016 NSA Codebreaker Challenge

Rumblr33Rumblr33 Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
If you are interested in the 2016 NSA Codebreaker Challenge. https://codebreaker.ltsnet.net/
You must sign up with a .edu email account. Have fun!

Comments

• TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So the message here is if you not in school your too stupid to attempt the code-breaker challenge?
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    or the challenge is too easy for professionals

or part of the purpose of the challenge is to find out ways that people use to spoof .edu accounts.

or to test the security of .edu mail servers.

or to find out if the ITT email servers are still running.
  • evarneyevarney Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    :D ITT : that's lulzy
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    TechGromit wrote: »
    So the message here is if you not in school your too stupid to attempt the code-breaker challenge?

No, its that the NSA can get educated people to do their jobs for them for free.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    But what if I don't have a .edu account? I am outta luck? <pouts>
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • superbeastsuperbeast Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I signed up for the challenge. Theres a total of 6 different sub-challenges to solve the primary challenge. Here is the challenge you have to solve...

DISCLAIMER: The following is a FICTITIOUS story meant for providing realistic context for the Codebreaker Challenge and is not tied in any way to actual events.
    Terrorists have recently developed a new type of remotely controlled Improvised Explosive Device (IED), making it harder for the U.S. Armed Forces to detect and ultimately prevent roadside bomb attacks against troops deployed overseas. The National Security Agency (NSA), in accordance with its support to military operations mission, has been asked to develop capabilities for use against this new threat. This will consist of six tasks of increasing difficulty, with the ultimate goals of being able to disarm the IEDs remotely and permanently render them inoperable without the risk of civilian casualties.
    Are YOU up to the challenge?!
  • dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    I signed up last night and made it through the first two challenges before I had to call it a night... So far, it's kind of fun.
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Rumblr33Rumblr33 Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's an NSA recruitment tool and a stipulation of the challenge. I just used my .edu alumni account.
  • BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pretty cool! I don't have an edu account so I will watch from afar ....
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds like a kids movie, beat the challenge and your phone rings, then the adventure begins lol