Options

Passed ITIL Foundations

aptgetaptget Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I just passed ITIL Foundations today with a 85%. I have been lurking on this forum and gaining valuable information from many people for awhile so I thought I would repay the forum with my experience and thoughts about the ITIL Foundations exam.

This was essentially my first IT cert and I had zero knowledge of ITIL prior to studying for this. I choose ITIL because I am trying to pivot out of biotech into more of a tech role and I thought this would be a good starter cert and the fact it is a cert that doesn't require CE to keep active made it attractive. I have been studying on and off for about 3 weeks. Some days I would read a few hours other days not much. The only book I used was ITIL study guide book by Gallacher and Morris. This book should be enough to get you a pass. In addition to this I also found many websites that had free practice exams to help fill in gaps and test what I truly knew versus what I thought I know. The constant reviewing of questions I got wrong in the practice exams I felt was the most important factor in passing. Overall this is a very attainable cert and those with vast IT experience could probably get through it without much stress. As others have stated this can be super dry material but it seems like it has value and would be of benefit for anyone who works in an ITIL environment. Hope this helps.

Comments