Options

Whats the best certification path for information security career?

FloridabossFloridaboss Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Right now I'm torn between getting security + asap or dedicating my time to getting a CCNA r/s asap. I understand security + is better for security but from what I've read CCNA is much better for getting an IT, even entry level. I want experience also. Would security + get me a job or is that more of a complement Cert to CCNA and others ?

Get sec+, CCNA, eventually CISSP? Can I get some opinions of others who are successful in the field ?

Most important thing is get experience so I can transition into a information security position, potentially consultant someday with a lot of knowledge in different aspects of computer technology

Comments

• Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This question comes up every week. It all depends on what you want to do in infosec.

Generally speaking

Sec+>CEH>CISSP is a safe bet

After that it all depends on what you want to do specifically.
  • Options
    FloridabossFloridaboss Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cyberscum wrote: »
    This question comes up every week. It all depends on what you want to do in infosec.

Generally speaking

Sec+>CEH>CISSP is a safe bet

After that it all depends on what you want to do specifically.

What if thw job market in my area is not that large for security and they want experience. I'm in south Florida. Don't they want experience too
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well, if people want experience. Work on getting experience in different lower level positions. You might be able to get a position without a ton of experience but never know until you apply. Impossible to tell what managers in your area are looking for.