Options

failed 812

x5150x5150 Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was not prepared for the quantity and difficulty of troubleshooting scenarios. Sybex and Semsim did not have any troubleshooting problems as complex as the test. I know basically every answer to every review and practice problem in the Sybex 5th edition and not by memory. I've tried some practice tests online, like the one here and did well.

Basically I felt like i got ran over by a truck. I'm surprised I even got 812.

my score
technology 78%
implem and op 71%
plan and design 100%
troubleshoot 52%

Well I'm getting my money back from Semsim, they're lab sims are crap, way too simple, and I'm probably going to put that money towards the Boson Complete CCNA pack.

I need a router sim with labs on switches, vlans, and 2950 routers with subinterfaces and networked within an environment of 3+ switches and 3+ routers trunked and how to troubleshoot them.

Anybody has any suggestions on router sims that have all this stuff?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    x5150 wrote:
    I need a router sim with labs on switches, vlans, and 2950 routers with subinterfaces and networked within an environment of 3+ switches and 3+ routers trunked and how to troubleshoot them.
    icon_sad.gif Still not too bad -- especially if a sim got you.

Yep -- more hands on work. Boson is about the best you can get without the real hardware -- and it still has problems. I had the best luck using Boson's existing Labs and configurations -- theirs would work, mine wouldn't (even the ones that duplicated their setups).

Check out Wildfire's cisco-engineer.com (free on weekends last time I checked)..... Or it may be time to rent some rack time.... there was a guy that was $10 for a day on a CCNA rack. You probably want something with 3 switches wired in a loop...

You've got 5 days to practice until you can try again -- and that's probably more than you will need (if you don't drown your sorrows more than one night drunken_smilie.gif ).

Good luck on your next try.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    You may want to purchase the Cisco press book like I did....It has the INTRO + ICND ..I only plan on reading the ICND and doing the 400 exam questions in the test engine.

And of course some hardware is always good :D
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    BTW man that's not bad, you are VERY close. Just study the stuff you didnt know on the exam and retake it :D You will do fine!
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    uksmurfuksmurf Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Unfortunate, but like has already been said, you still didn't get too bad a score!

Now you've had a taster I reckon you'll breeze it next time. Good luck!
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
    yep what they said....
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    That sucks because you still got a good score..81%. Just not enough to pass the test. I'm sure you'll pass it the next time. icon_wink.gif
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.