Options

Another CEH Application Question

bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
I figured I would ask this here because I would probably get a faster response than from EC-Council.

A part of the application it requests a photo ID. It says the EC-Council strongly discourages you from submitting your passport, driver's license, or government ID.

Thing is, this is all I have. I do not have a company ID card.

Will they deny my application if I submit my driver's license?

Comments

• Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have a work ID with your picture on it that should suffice, that's what I used.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I really doubt they would deny it for using a driver's license. I would remove your license number, though. I used a work ID like danny069 did. I blacked out my employee number in GIMP before I sent it. They still accepted.
  • Options
    Thank you for the replies. I finished my application and emailed it to them. I am waiting to hear back where to pay my fee. The process is somewhat confusing to me.
  • Options
    BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bamahonky wrote: »
    Thank you for the replies. I finished my application and emailed it to them. I am waiting to hear back where to pay my fee. The process is somewhat confusing to me.

Did you ever get any response back? FWIW: I used my drivers license but I blurred any personal information (which they accepted)
  • Options
    BuzzSaw wrote: »
    Did you ever get any response back? FWIW: I used my drivers license but I blurred any personal information (which they accepted)

I did not get a response back to that. I went ahead and submitted my application. The entire application process seems a little sketchy. I sent in the app with a question on how to pay. That was last I then get three different responses from three different people on Friday. Also prior to that, I called both locations and received a voice mail but no call back.
  • Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I did not get a response back to that. I went ahead and submitted my application. The entire application process seems a little sketchy. I sent in the app with a question on how to pay. That was last I then get three different responses from three different people on Friday. Also prior to that, I called both locations and received a voice mail but no call back.

Welcome to EC-Council. The only way they could get shadier were if they started their own pyramid scheme. Believe me sir - it isn't going to get any better the more you deal with them....
  • Options
    I paid my application fee yesterday and notified the people that emailed me. I had two responses this AM confirming they have received payment and are verifying my information with my employers. My current position I have two years of experience with security. I also had 11 months with an ISP that handled some security and some active duty military time I put on there too. I wanted to put it all on there just in case.
  • Options
    d3nnd3nn Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I paid my application fee yesterday and notified the people that emailed me. I had two responses this AM confirming they have received payment and are verifying my information with my employers. My current position I have two years of experience with security. I also had 11 months with an ISP that handled some security and some active duty military time I put on there too. I wanted to put it all on there just in case.

Hi bamahonky, you had a response?
    I also want to make my application, which the are the steps to follow?
    thanks in advance.
  • Options
    d3nn wrote: »
    Hi bamahonky, you had a response?
    I also want to make my application, which the are the steps to follow?
    thanks in advance.

Yes. After I paid my application fee, I then received a notification that they sent the reference request out to my current employer. He returned it immediately. I was then prompted to purchase a voucher. It was pretty smooth after that.
  • Options
    thanks for you reply @bamahonky.
  • Options
    thanks for you replay bamahonky
  • Options
    winona_ryderwinona_ryder Member Posts: 42 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welcome to EC-Council. The only way they could get shadier were if they started their own pyramid scheme. Believe me sir - it isn't going to get any better the more you deal with them....

I had to change my address information recently. They changed the info before they had completed verification. I then had to go back and explain to them where they had made mistakes.
    Turns out that my CEH had expired by that stage, but given as they are teaching information security, i'd expected they would practice what they preach