Interview with a committee upcoming

ClevernamehereClevernamehere Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have an interview coming up on Wednesday afternoon with a hiring committee. This will be my first time being interviewed by this many people at once before. I'm used to just one or two people. I am not a nervous type, but I am definitely not sure what to expect. Does anyone have any good pointers for group style interviews like this?

Comments

• jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Make eye contact with everyone. Speak to everyone. The last 3 interviews I have had have been with 3-5 people. The only difference I have found is that there are more people asking the questions and forming an opinion about your skillset. Everything else is standard interview protocol. Good luck!
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Pretty much what jt said, same thing, except another person or 2 asking you questions. I usually found it easier with more, more people to talk and less chance for an awkward silence.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Bring a notebook! Relax (I know that is hard to in a interview, but try), give a good handshake to all and ask a lot of questions.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't stress out, I am usually on that committee and help out with hiring for my company as they need someone who knows something sitting in, as others mentioned above questions and generally being interested in the job and future career goals are good.